Rhizomatous Tall Fescue Sod (RTF) looks like bluegrass but requires 25-30% less water. It has an improved shade tolerance and is approved for use on LEED projects.
This is a new type of tall fescue grass that produces rhizomes – which allows the sod to perennate. RTF initiates new grass growth underneath the soil, which allows the sod to fill in bare spots and repair itself.
- Versatile: Improved growth in sun and shade
- Resistant: Drought and heat tolerant – keeps a rich green colour
- Sustainable: Environmentally friendly as it requires less fertilizer
- Strong: Contains self-repairing properties
- Self-Repairing grass
- Deep and strong root system
- Requires less irrigation due to the ability to hold moisture
- Excellent colour and density
- Improved disease prevention
- Insect resistant